Pages

Tuesday, October 2, 2012

First Listen: Locked Out Of Heaven - Bruno Mars



 Bruno Mars has been busy in the studio recording his sophomore album, Unorthodox Jukebox, the follow-up to his successfull debut album Doo-Woops & Hooligans which spawned two number one hit singles.

 The first single taken from this new release is Locked Out Of Heaven, a track produced by Mark Ronson (Amy Winehouse) which is reminiscent of the signature sound of The Police.

Just recently Mars spoke to Billboard magazine about the new album:

"This is me going into the studio and recording and writing whatever I want. This album represents my freedom. I've had big record label presidents look me in the face and say, 'Your music sucks, you don't know who you are, your music is all over the place, and we don't know how to market this stuff. Pick a lane and come back to us.

That was disgusting to me, because I'm not trying to be a circus act. I listen to a lot of music and I want to have the freedom and luxury to walk into a studio and say, 'Today I want to do a hip-hop, R&B, soul or rock record.'""

Unorthodox Jukebox is due Dec. 11 on Atlantic Records.

Listen to Locked Out Of Heaven Above!

No comments:

Post a Comment