Pages

Saturday, April 16, 2011

Drew Barrymore Looks Back On 'Scream'


 Scream 4 opens today in the U.S. and in order to celebrate that, EW has talked to original Scream star Drew Barrymore who has shared her thoughts and experiences while filming the first film:

On wanting to play Casey in the opening scene:

 "I just read the script one night at my house and I just said, “Oh my God, there hasn’t been anything like this for so long.” I loved that it actually got tongue and cheeky but it was still scary and it was this great game that sort of described genres and revived them at the same time and redefined them all in one script. I went bananas."

On working with director Wes Craven:

 "He’s such a sweetheart. He’s just the coolest. He really did make me feel incredibly safe and I really gravitated toward him — I tend to do that with directors. I’m not really good at yucking it up with everyone and I kinda wanna stay in that concentrated, focused zone. So I love being able to go to a great, male director and sort of stay there in the shade of their tree and their safety. And Wes is completely that guy."

On her favourite scary movies:

 "I love Halloween and love Freddy [Krueger]. The ones now I can’t handle. But I love the old slasher films, and I just thought this one headed off into a new direction. I did love horror films from the ’70s and ’80s. That was my sweet spot."

No comments:

Post a Comment