Pages

Thursday, March 17, 2011

L.A. Reid Resigns From Island Def Jam


 Music exectuive L.A. Reid has confirmed his resignation from Island Def Jam after seven years of hard work that consolidated the careers of  music stars such as Rihanna or Ne-Yo among others.

 This has fueled rumours that he will eventually join Simon Cowell as a judge on the upcoming singing competition The X Factor in its US version.

 L.A.´s full letter of resignation reads as follows:

To my Island Def Jam family:

After much consideration, I have decided to leave my position as
Chairman of the Island Def Jam Music Group.
I have always thrived on growth and the next great challenge, and I
look forward with much enthusiasm to what the future holds.
I am extremely proud of our beautiful roster and all we have
accomplished in my seven years with IDJ.  We continue to have
incredible success together with today’s most phenomenal superstars –
Rihanna, Justin Bieber, Mariah Carey, Kanye West, Bon Jovi, Jennifer
Lopez, Ne-Yo, Rick Ross, The Killers, The-Dream, Chrisette Michele,
Jeezy and Ludacris to name a few.

I want to thank all of you for your amazing contributions.
With Warm Regards –
LA


Do you think he has made the right career move?

No comments:

Post a Comment