Pages

Thursday, March 17, 2011

Darren Aronofsky Drops Out From Wolverine Sequel


 According to EW, Darren Aronofsky has opted to leave the director´s chair for the new Wolverine sequel. The Black Swan director stated that the project would keep him out of the country for too long, a commitment he was not willing to go through.

 In a joint statement with Fox the director said:

 "As I talked more about the film with my collaborators at Fox, it became clear that the production of The Wolverine would keep me out of the country for almost a year. I was not comfortable being away from my family for that length of time. I am sad that I won't be able to see the project through, as it is a terrific script and I was very much looking forward to working with my friend, Hugh Jackman, again."

 In spite of Aronofsky´s decision, Fox and Hugh Jackman remain attached to the project and hopeful that it will see the light of day.

 Fox stated: “While we are of course disappointed that Darren can’t do The Wolverine, we also understand and respect his reasons.  Having done both The Wrestler and Black Swan with Darren, we know he is an extraordinary talent and we look forward to working with him on other projects in the future. Hugh Jackman and Fox both remain fully committed to making The Wolverine.  We will regroup and move forward aggressively.”

 Such a shame! Darren´s unique vision and style would have definitely been an upgrade for this sequel.

 Are you sad to see his departure? Sound off in the comments!

No comments:

Post a Comment