Pages

Saturday, December 25, 2010

Michelle Branch Returns to Pop Music


 It's been a while since Michelle Branch released her last solo studio album, Hotel Paper, back in 2003. Since then, she devoted herself to The Wreckers and released the EP Everything Comes and Goes with little time to concentrate on her successful solo career. Now her fans have something to celebrate since the singer recently revealed during a Ustream chat that she's working on new material which will mark her return to pop music.

 "I was in London - I've been working on a new record Julian Emrey and Jim Irvine, who are these two writers I met in LA. The first song we wrote together is a song called 'Spark', and we were so excited about it - it was the best writing day possible! It's great because they're writers and also producers. My favourite song that we wrote together was called 'The Story Of Us'. It's a song that's really personal to me."

 Branch compared the sound of her new music with the style of her debut album. She explained: "I have 11 or 12 songs ready to go right now and I'm going to go in studio in January and start recording them. I'm really confident I will have this record out by next summer. I hate putting labels on it because a good song is a good song. This record is more in the vein of my first record, which I would say was a pop record. The last record became so exhausting that this one is all about having fun and being creative again and not feeling like I have to write a specific way for a specific genre."

 Good to know! This is definitely good news cause, as much as fans enjoyed her tapping into country music, truth be told it does not compare with her solo work. Both The Spirit Room and Hotel Paper were big hit albums and Irvin and Emrey have worked with people like Mcfly, Boyzone or David Guetta so we can't wait to see how this new music sounds like!

 What do you say? Are you happy with Michelle's return to her pop roots?

No comments:

Post a Comment