Pages

Wednesday, December 1, 2010

James Franco & Anne Hathaway will host the 2011 Oscars


 After many rumours, it has been officially confirmed that James Franco and Anne Hathaway will co-host the 2011 Academy Awards ceremony. The news was announced by show producers Bruce Cohen and Don Mischer who said that the actor and actress "personify the next generation of Hollywood icons", and that they hoped the ceremony would allow the pair to "showcase their incredible talents and entertain the world".

 Hathaway, on the other hand, has defined the task as "intimidating", stating to Entertainment Tonight that she's still dealing with the fact that she is one of the few female stars to ever host the ceremony.


 "I found out that I'm one of three women to host since... I think it was 1987," she said. "Maybe I'm the fourth, I'm not sure. I'm still learning all the amazing statistics that I almost don't want to know because it gets a little bit too intimidating."

 The 83rd annual Academy Awards will take place on February 27, 2011. Are you happy with the hosts that have been chosen? Sound off in the comments!

No comments:

Post a Comment