Pages

Sunday, November 21, 2010

Is Teri Hatcher leaving 'Desperate Housewives'?


  According to reports, series veteran Teri Hatcher is preparing to leave the hit show Desperate Housewives at the end of next season, as she already has new projects lined up for her. According to a source from The Mail on Sunday, the actress who plays Susan Mayer is developing a sitcom that she wants to start working on just as soon as she wraps up on the ABC series.

  Hatcher isn't the only star of the show that allegedly wants out, as Felicity Huffman is rumoured to be considering leaving the show too, something that will put the series in danger of cancellation. A spokesperson for ABC said: "We are working on the next season at the moment and we haven't got anything to say about the one after." Back in July, creator Marc Cherry expressed his intention of making season nine its last, stating that he hoped to keep its core cast intact until the end of the show.

  I really hope that they keep the original cast together or end the show before someone leaves, since the dinamic of the four main characters is what keeps it alive.

  What do you think? Will you watch Desperate Housewives without one or two of its main lead characters?

UPDATE: Teri Hatcher has denied these claims via her Facebook page:

"There are not enough adjectives to describe how stupid, off base, and ridiculously untrue this is. 'Newspapers' should be accountable for this kind of irresponsible journalism and reckless fabrication of a story. What disturbs me the most is that one fan would consider for one second that I would "quit" what has been one of the highlights of my career for which I am grateful on a daily basis. I have never said nor inferred otherwise.

They made no effort to contact me or my representatives or the network to fact check. I am awaiting a retraction and apology at the least for mucking up everyone's Sunday with this huge, hurtful lie.I will say it again, I love Desperate Housewives, the cast and crew are like family and I am with it till it's cancelled. Vanessa Williams and the writers have brought a new energy to the show this year and I expect and hope it can continue on for a long time."



No comments:

Post a Comment