Pages

Sunday, October 17, 2010

Morena Baccarin may appear in "The Avengers"



  As most of you may know by now, Joss Whedon will be helming "The Avengers", a movie adaptation of the Marvel comic book with the same name. The latest rumour is that actress Morena Baccarin ("V") could have been asked to star in the movie as the character of Janet Van Dyne, aka The Wasp.

  Recently at New York Comic-Con, Baccarin refused to confirm or deny the rumour that Whedon had an interest in her for the part. "I wish I had more information for you," Baccarin explained. "All I will say is I will never turn down an opportunity to work with him."

  If you recall, the actress worked previously with the director on the tv show "Firefly", as well as the follow-up movie "Serenity". Whedon has a tendency to work with the same actors over and over again, so the rumour could certainly become a reality.

  Morena has undeniable talent as we have seen on her TV show, "V", and I believe that a part on "The Avengers" movie could do a lot for her movie career, as she would avoid being typecast into playing evil characters. The Wasp could showcase her ability to portray a good and noble character as well, and I´m sure that Whedon would make the story original and believable.

  Would you like to see Morena Baccarin as a superhero in this movie? Sound off in the comments!

1 comment:

  1. I would like to see her as the wasp, I certainly loved her in the premiere episode of V

    ReplyDelete