Pages

Sunday, October 10, 2010

Eva Longoria on how she won her part on "Desperate Housewives"


  Eva Longoria says that her selfishness is what got her to win the role that made her famous on "Desperate Housewives". She explained to Tatler: "Marc Cherry asked me, 'What did you think of the script?' So I said, 'You know, I didn't read the script, I just read my parts and I think she's fantastic'.

  "He said he knew I was Gaby at that moment because that was the most selfish thing to say. That I only read my part. He goes, 'Yep, there's our Gaby.'"
 
  Parker also reveals how her family thought her decision to join the one hour drama and leaving daytime television was a big mistake at first:  "I remember when I got Desperate Housewives, my mum was like, 'But it's not on during the day?' She was really upset about it. But I said, 'I think this is better Mum'."

  Thankfully, she trusted her instincts! The show rocketed her to fame and is still a hit after seven seasons. Eva has been highlarious lately with great one-liners showcasing her great comedic abilities.

  Are you watching the new season of "Desperate Housewives"?

2 comments:

  1. Eva is so super charming, and to me the strongest link in DESPERATE HOUSEWIVES beside Marcia Cross. Eva is also hosting European MTV Awards this November, so can't wait to see her shine there as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for your comment, Dezmond! I totally agree with you, she's definitely one of the strongest assets of the show, and her character has evolved a lot in these seven seasons. The fact that she's hosting the EMAs this year will surely attract viewers to the awards.

    ReplyDelete